Thursday, December 17, 2009

HOMEMADE HOLIDAYS

I enjoy making gifts.  I'm not very good at it, but sometimes I get a cute idea off the internet and it turns out just right.  I made these cute candle holders for some people.  They were pretty plain when I got them:


Then, I cut snowflakes out on my Cricut machine and used the negative part to create a stencil.
 


Then I filled it in with glass etching cream. 
 
I let it sit for about 15 minutes for good measure and rinsed it off.  I removed the vinyl, and voila - custom made candle holders.
 

Get a Cricut machine!  It is awesome!
 
 

3 comments:

  1. These turned out so nicely! I've always wanted to try the etching cream. I must do that some day.☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it was a lot of fun. I want to do some large pieces now - perhaps a set of glasses, or a pyrex baking dish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. absolutly love it. My coworker has a cricket machine and she is always using it. I've wanted to do etching to someday.

    ReplyDelete