Thursday, December 10, 2009

ACCOMPLISHMENTS

It's been a while since I've posted.  It's been a busy week all in all.  We totally changed our living room upstairs.  Our TV has been on the blink for awhile now, and we've been saving for a couple of years.  We decided that since the great deals were happening this month, we should just get a new TV now instead of waiting until the old one died.  We figured it would die right after Christmas when all the good sales were gone.  The boys got the old TV now downstairs, and that took a lot of rearranging too, and we've still got a lot to do, but man, am I ever tired.   I ended up shampooing all the carpet and then I decided to move Levi into Noah's bedroom to make Levi's room into a play room.  I happen to know that Santa is bringing them a blow up trampoline that is 80 inches in diameter, so we needed some room.  I think it will be worth it when they can jump all day long and totally wear themselves out!  Here are some before and after pics.




      





I cannot figure out how to nicely arrange these pictures on the postings.  Well, you get the idea.  We're still waiting for cables to come so we can run them in the wall and hide them from view.  For the most part, I really like this new arrangement.  It feels like a big change and feels so clean!


I also wanted to share with you Tanner's accomplishments.  He recently received a Varsity letter in football and one in academics also.  Here he is with the letters and his new varsity coat. 



We had a friend sew them on for him and he looks great in them.  I feel badly because sometimes being the "middle" child, Tanner gets forgotten.  Ty gets a lot of attention because he is the firstborn and Levi and Noah get a lot of attention because, well, they just demand it at their ages.  Tanner gets pushed to the side a lot because he's #2 in birth order and because he is potty trained and can feed himself fairly well :-).  Congratulations Tanner on receiving 2 Varsity letters!




                                      

2 comments:

  1. The TV over the fireplace looks great. Now you don't have to worry about having two focal points in the room. Noah looks so cute sucking that thumb. Brings back memories of my girl. Congrats Tanner! He's a great kid.☺ (he's even potty trained-bonus!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job, Tanner!! So glad for him. Yes, I was a middle child so I understand. Love your arrangement and TV/fireplace. It looks beautiful. Love the thumb sucker too. How adorable!!

    ReplyDelete