Thursday, December 3, 2009

HERE PIGGY, PIGGY

Pork-it's what for dinner!   At least about once a week in my house.   I wanted to share this simple recipe with you'ins (that Western PA talk).  Dan's sister made this for us after I came home from the hospital with Levi.  She shared the recipe with me and it has become on of my family's favorites. It is so simple and easy and relatively cheap.



You buy Country style boneless pork loin ribs.  I got these at the Spencer store.  It was on sale for .99 cents per pound.  Now I wish I'd gotten more!  It has a little fat through it, but it is lean enough for me, and that's saying something (I hate visible fat on meat).

I cut the meat into cubes - about 2" or so.  Season it with seasoning salt and pepper, and brown it in a skillet sprayed with Pam, on both sides.  Then I stick it in the crock pot with a little water and cook it on high for 2 hours or so. Check it with a thermometer to be sure it is done.  Drain off the water and use it for gravy if you want.  Add a bottle of regular Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce to the meat, toss it through, and you're done!   Easy and delicious!








If you've never tried Sweet Baby Ray's sauce - it is really good.  Don't let the title fool you - it is not "sweet" at all - that's just the name.




I serve this with mashed potatoes and a vegetable or salad.  The guys here really "hog" it down.  Sometimes I crack myself up!  LOL


THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:  Whether you think you can, or think you can't - you are right.  (Henry Ford)

3 comments: