Thursday, November 12, 2009

HEAVEN IN A CUP

I've not been blogging lately because things have been stressing me out.  They are just stupid things.  Things that I should not let get me down.   Yet, sometimes it just happens.  Stress is weird - it can actually cause you to feel physical pain - like you're really getting the swine flu, when in fact, you are just over-thinking a problem that God will take care of for you anyway.  I try very hard to put things in God's hands, but sometimes, I keep some of the problem for myself and then regret it later.  Such has been this week.  Well, enough of the depressing stuff.   The stress of today (which I'll briefly tell you about), led me to find this heavenly drink. 

I am a Sheetz-cappuccino-kind-of-girl (why do I always have to use spell check to spell cappuccino???).  Not the hard core/real coffee tasting ones.  No, I like the sweet, instant, oh-so-delicious ones.  Well, there are no Sheetz in Wisconsin.  That took me all of 4.5 years to accept and get over!  However, we do have a Quik Trip, which also sells the cappers (what I like to call cappuccinos).  Thru Dec. 4, they are on sale for .99 cents any size!!!  My favorite flavor is tiramasu, but when they don't have that one, I like cookies and cream or English toffee.  Anything sweet! 

Today I was stressed, so I made this at home:  I used about 1/4 cup of coffee and dissolved a packet of Swiss Miss 25 calorie hot cocoa mix in it.  Then I filled my mug with milk and added 1 Tablespoon (maybe more) of the tirasau creamer flavoring that I found at Walmart this week.




Oh my it was delicious!  It was so good in fact that I think I'll take a nap and then get up and have another one!

As for my stress today.  Well, my firstborn, vivacious, charming, witty son is driving 12 hours to visit his girlfriend in Kentucky.  He's meeting her family for the first time.  He left at 5 a.m. this morning.  Now, I know he's 18 and all, but I swear, when I look at him, I still see the little 8 year old boy who carried around a stuffed grizzly bear and watched Barney until I thought I'd go crazy singing those songs in my head!!!!  It's just not possible he's got a girlfriend and he's visiting her in KY and is probably going to kiss her . . . . ugh, I can hardly take it.   Well, about 5 hours into his trip, he calls and tells me his transmission broke down.  He was in IL on the side of a road. . ........ yada yada yada.  To make a very long story short, he got a rental car, found a nice mechanic to fix his truck by Monday so he can pick it up on his way home.  The only problem is that instead of being able to come home on Sunday, it will now be Monday.  I should not say that is the only problem - there is the cost of the transmission, the rental car and the fact that he is missing another day of classes.  My head is about to explode.   I thought potty training was a challenge!  Oh he is so much like his father!


















THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:  The Lord only gives us one day at a time for a reason!

3 comments:

  1. Stress is a terrible thing isn't it? Glad you found a delicious drink to help (along with God, of course!) make you feel better. It sounds really good. I never thought about using the flavored creamers in hot chocolate!

    Oh Ty, Ty, Ty-I read he made it safely-Thank you, God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg.......that will be in a few short years.....my heart is melting. i am upset that i wont see patrick for a day and a half because hes going to an all nighter with youth and i am leaving for kimmies tomorrow for the day.....i can only say.....i cannnnnn wait for these next few years. tyler tyler tyler. i love that boy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness. I think you definitely need three or four cappers after hearing all this news. I would be totally stressed out. Adam get so mad at me for worrying about things but I like to lay things on God's lap and then very quickly take them back. I need a lot of work in this area. I feel for you Rhonda!!!!!! I will say a prayer for his safety and that you may have peace over the weekend.

    ReplyDelete