Monday, November 30, 2009

DECK THE HALLS

24 DAYS UNTIL CHRISTMAS!!!  Does that scare you?  This year, I have a pretty good handle on my gift purchases.  There are a few things that are causing me some stress, but I'm trying to get a handle on it.

I started decorating the day after Thanksgiving.  I got all the decorations up, except the tree - that is another story altogether.  Unfortunately, we put up a live tree - not a nice one that is harvested from a tree farm, but one that is cut from our property.  The tree looks lovely out in the woods with snow on it, but something happens to it once it gets set up in my living room - see for yourself (this was taken a few years ago):
Beautiful tree!



 What happened to it???  Try as he did, even Tanner could not make it look good!









The other decorations around the house look pretty good, though.  Here are some:

I put the poinsettias and the fake bulb ornaments around the entry ways in the kitchen/dining area.  The pine garland stays up all year, and I add decorations according to the season/holiday.






















Here is the fireplace area.  Ty made the moose silhouette thing for me a few years ago - it is a permanent fixture.   The bear statue is also a permanent fixture.  My bff, Marie got it for me last summer.   I add things to the mantle for the holiday.  The cute picture below the mantle was made by Kevin's mom - it is cross stitch. 

Here is a nice wreath someone got me.





Those are just a few touches I've added for the holiday.  Red seems to brighten the place up - maybe I should make it more a permanent color in my home!

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:  Creativity means believing you have greatness.

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe how little the kids are in the first picture.

    Sometimes our trees aren't trimmed very good, so I trim them up a little with sissors after they're up. It helps.

    I agree-I like the red. Everything's pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to try the scissor thing this year, thanks. He told me I could buy an artificial tree last year, and I waited until after Christmas to get a good deal, and the one I wanted was gone, so now another year with our Charlie Brown tree.

    ReplyDelete