Thursday, January 28, 2010

POPPY SEED CHICKEN CASSEROLE

I've really been on a roll with finding new recipes lately - and, actually, I expect my creativity to crash any day now, but I wanted to share this recipe with you.  It would be a great meal for working women because you can make it the day or night before, and then just heat it up when you get home.  ALL of the men in my house loved it (Levi and Noah are not men yet, so we won't count their votes).   Tyler liked it so much he actually asked me what the recipe was called.  I would love to show you what it looks like when it's cooked, but it was gobbled up before I got a photo of it - sorry!

Here's the recipe:

2 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 Tablespoon poppy seeds
1-8 oz. carton low-fat sour cream
1-10 oz. can reduced fat cream of chicken soup
butter flavored cooking spray
10 reduced fat Ritz crackers

Combine all ingredients, except crackers and spray.  put in your casserole dish and if you need to, cover it and refrigerate up to 24 hours.  
Heat over to 350.
Crush crackers and sprinkle on top of casserole.  Spray top with butter spray.  Bake for 30 minutes or until heated through.

4 servings (3/4 cup) = 7 points

3 comments:

  1. My family loves Poppy Seed Chicken. I got the recipe from Margaret Reeves several years ago. It is so easy. If I'm in a really big hurry I buy a rotisserie chicken and pull it from the bone instead of cooking chicken and it's just as yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good.

    Jodie is loving the healthy recipes and you calculating the ww points!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Val, yeah, Rachael Ray recommends buying the rotisserie chickens too. That would be a big time saver!

    ReplyDelete