Tuesday, January 12, 2010

EASY APPLE SALAD

I needed a quick side dish for dinner, and I have a lot of Red Delicious apples that need used up.  I quickly did a search on Recipezaar and found this one.  It was really good, even though I did not have the exact ingredients.



1-3.5 oz. box butterscotch pudding (I did not have this, so I used vanilla)
1-8 oz. container cool whip
Mix these together until blended
Add:
8 oz. crushed pineapple with juice
1 cup mini marshmallows
2 large Red Delicious apples diced with skin on
3/4 cup chopped dry roasted peanuts

You can garnish with more peanuts if you'd like. 

Like I said, I did not have butterscotch pudding, but the vanilla was so good, I can't imagine doing it any differently.  Also, Dan does not like nuts, so I scooped some out for him before I added the nuts and he liked it too. 


Hope you enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Oh-looks yummy. Maybe I can pick up stuff to make this for Ladies Missionary tomorrow night.

    ReplyDelete