Monday, January 11, 2010

Bargain Day

Today was a fun day.   I went shopping with two of my good friends, Kim and Jeri.  Jeri and her husband are in the process of building a home in Spencer and she had to go to Bed, Bath and Beyond to exchange some draperies she bought and get some other things for her new home.  Kim and I went along, and also our boys who are not yet in school (what an adventure).

I was not really shopping today - just along for the ride, but I did in fact find some really good bargains and wanted to share them with you.  I am so excited about this one, although the 3 older males in my family have been poking fun at me over this:




The cupcake/cake holder I was going to purchase in November from Michael's.  It was about $20 for just the holder and I figured I'd wait until I had a 50% off coupon and pick one up then.  However, I got the holder, the cupcake display rack and the cupcake pan all for $10 at Sam's Club.  I am just beside myself!  I am going back on Saturday and hoping to get a few more to store away for gifts - what a deal.  I know, it does not take much to make me happy.




I also got a Yankee Candle for 50% off the already reduced price! 


Then I got a gingerbread house kit for $2.00 - I've always wanted to make a gingerbread house with the kids and let them have fun with it.  I'll freeze this and get it out next Christmas and let them decorate it - as long as they don't eat it, I'm sure it will be fine :-).


Bargains - I love them.

2 comments:

  1. We used to make a gingerbread house every year after Thanksgiving dinner. Sometimes we made from scratch but often we used kits. Nobody is much interested in that these past couple years but it's a treasured tradition I hope to resurrect with my grandchildren someday. I can tell you these kits last FOREVER - no need to freeze unless it says perishable on the box somewhere. In fact the candy decorations will probably stay better at room temp. Enjoy!
    PS - upside down ice cream cones make good trees and pretzel rods make good fences!

    ReplyDelete