Sunday, January 24, 2010

MORE CARDS

I've needed some new inspiration for my cards.  I get bored doing the same old thing.  I have a blog I follow that has tutorials - it is where I found the instructions to make the flower pot cards below.  You can see the instructions here.  Dawn's ideas are awesome and she makes it easy to follow the instructions.  If you go to her home page, and click on the tutorial button, you can scroll through her videos and find ideas for all sorts of things.



I love the flower pot cards, but because I don't own a lot of Stampin' Up things, I just improvise with what I've got.  I think I made the flowers a bit too small here - they don't look like they are filling the flower pot - maybe I'll add a couple more.



This shutter card was a  lot of fun.  I've made 3 so far.  One I sent to my grandma, the other I made for my honey for Valentine's Day (don't want to show that one yet), and this one I made for my adorable nephew, Stephen, who will be 1 next month.



I have found that making cards is therapeutic for me.  When I'm working on cards, all I think about is the design of the card and it really gives my brain a break from the routine of life.  Plus, I know how good it feels to receive a card, so that makes me happy knowing I might make someone smile with my card.

3 comments:

  1. I love the flower pot cards! Isn't great to find tutorials on stuff you want to make?

    There is a plethora of information on this here web.

    Is that snow I see on your new header? Love it!☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Holly, it is snow. Thought I'd make it seasonal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new look of your blog and new picture. See there is beauty in snow!!! Beautiful cards too. I almost bought a cricut machine at BigLots Friday night for $129. Adam was encouraging me to get one, but I am too lazy. I know how much it means to the receiver though to get a one of a kind, hand made card. Beautiful Job!! Maybe someday, I'll get ambitious and creative again.

    ReplyDelete