Monday, September 13, 2010

Just wondering. . .

I find it amazing how quickly our children grow.  As a parent, we always dream and wonder what our children will become someday.  We hope they will be hard working, loving, and caring individuals.  But I always wonder what they will do for a living - their career.  I hope it will be something that gives them pleasure and that they find fulfilling, but also can put food on the table - enough food for many many of my grandchildren :-).  

As you look at the little faces of a 2 year old, it is hard to imagine that one day they might be a carpenter, a banker, a construction worker, etc.  For each of my children, though, I have wondered what it would be like if they were to become a preacher.  Perhaps it is because all of my boys have enjoyed "playing" church at home.  Kevin built Ty and Tanner a pulpit for them to play at leading singing, reading the scripture, and pounding their fists while spewing fire and brimstone!  Now, some 15 years later, Dan has built Levi and Noah a pulpit also.  These photos are just too cute not to share.

 

2 comments:

  1. Preach it boys!! How sweet is this picture. They may take after Uncle Rodney someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! Too precious for words!!!

    ReplyDelete