Tuesday, October 27, 2009

WELCOME ONE AND ALL


Okay, I had to do it. I just had to make a blog. I love reading blogs - I follow at least 3 each day, so I just thought I'd make one of my own.

I will of course be posting my pictures, maybe some good recipes I come across, and any other trivial information I might find.

This is Levi playing in the leaves. Don't you wish you could capture that moment? It would be great to feel like this every day - like nothing in the world can ever get you down - not standing in line at the store; not when your almost-2 year old runs all over the library; not when your 18 year old tells you he did not do well on his college exams; not when you burn the grilled cheese and have no more bread. . . . well, you get the idea.

It is almost Halloween. This is the time of year that pulls me between love and hate. I love fall - the beautiful colors! Yet, I know that winter is right around the corner and that means cold and snow! I really dislike winter. Levi is very excited about Halloween this year. He is going to be a lion - he looks adorable in his costume. We went to the library today and they got to wear their costumes for story time. Levi actually "walked" into the library on his hands and knees because "that's what lions do". Noah will be a tiger this year - it is actually a Tigger costume that was Levi's. He has no clue yet what it is all about and he's not too keen on the paint I used to put on his "whiskers". I'll have pictures of them up later this week in their costumes.

Do you have a special memory of Halloween from your childhood? I remember my mom dressing me like a hobo. I also remember going to the Jaycee's haunted house in Clarion when I was in Girl Scouts and being scared out of my wits! Yet, every year, I would go back. Mostly, I just remember the candy! I love candy - especially chocolate. What's up with the people who give apples and popcorn balls out to kids???? It is a HUGE disappointment when you get home and expect to see a Reeses peanut butter cup and out rolls an apple! If any of you give out apples, I'm sorry, but it is just the truth!

Thought for the day: You have a lot to be thankful for!

2 comments:

  1. Woohooooooo!!!!!!!

    I'm so happy. You're gonna love doing this blog and I'm gonna love reading it! Love your design, you clever girl.

    I was a ghost for many years for Halloween-you know-I took that white sheet with the holes for eyes-out of my bottom drawer, put it over my head-then headed to the neighbors for candy. And yes-getting apples sucked. Full size candy bars is where it was at!☺

    H☺lly

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful surprise to find this morning - made me cry - but in a good way. Love ya & miss you lots, Marie

    ReplyDelete