Sunday, April 25, 2010

FLOWERS FOR MOMMY

Nothing tugs at my heart like a big bouquet of yard flowers (aka- weeds) in the hands of my little boys as they run across the yard yelling "mommy, I got you flowers".  Their big blue eyes shining and a smile on their little faces.  Daddy may be their "buddy" and who they prefer to hang around with most of the time, but Mommy gets the flowers, smiles and kisses.   I display my beautiful bouquets in a plastic cup on the window sill and keep adding more each time they play outdoors.  It warms my heart just looking at it.  Soon, they will grow and the flowers they give will be for some other girl who has their heart, but for right now, at this moment, I am the only girl they care about.  And I love it!
 

5 comments:

  1. Oh how sweet!

    Those are the bestest kind of flowers.☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. my little 12 year old gave me a dandelion last week...just for me....i love it......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said...but you are lucky to have a wide range of flowers growing in your yard right now...mine's all dandelions....achoooo! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are the flowers that mean the most.

    ReplyDelete